Be a Good Neighbor Day
We held the first annual Be a Good Neighbor Day on October 1, 2021, at the Christian Service Center. We had 26 organizations offering their services. We had an estimated 138 people came and received help – not counting those who received only vaccination shots.
These are some of the services that were available to our neighbors:
- Free medical info, screenings by staff of local health clinics
- Free job-seeking info and tips from Workforce Solutions
- Free COVID and flu vaccination shots were available
- Free lunch was provided by United Supermarkets
- The first 150 neighbors who attended and participated received:
$15 store gift cards from United Supermarkets
or $15 gasoline voucher or bus passes for those who prefer
- Vendors providing services and assistance information:
FaithWorks, City Light Ministries, Goodwill Work Again West Texas, West Texas Rehab, Disability in Action, 2-1-1 A Call for Help, Mercy Clinic, HSU Physician Assist Program Women, Infant and Children’s (WIC) Program, Amerigroup Medicaid Managed Care, First Care Health Plans – a part of Baylor Scott & White Health, Maximus-STAR Programs for Medicaid managed care, Love & Care Ministries, Kingdom Resources, BCFS Health & Human Services, and many others.
We will post the dates for 2022, once they become available.