The Christian Service Center’s mission is to share Christ’s love by providing basic needs and a fresh start. CSC provides food, clothing, and other basic essentials which enable our neighbors to live with independence and dignity. Our hope is to help people get on their feet and support them through the emergency they may be encountering.
Because of the generosity of our community, we can assist people like Robin, who came to CSC for help getting items for a new start in a new home. Robin had a background of abuse, prostitution and drug addiction. When she came to CSC, she shared the story about her painful past, her hope for the future and her faith that is leading her forward. Through CSC’s Stocking the Home Program, Robin received kitchen items, bedding and linens to help her set up her new apartment.
Your gifts also enable us to help people like Stella, a single mom, struggling to keep her children clothed and on track in school. Through our Spiritual Nurture Program, we are able to purchase children’s Bibles, like the one Stella’s son carries to school. With your support, we keep the pantry and clothing rooms filled so our friend Margaret can come frequently for help with her growing children. The Feed the Hungry Program is committed to helping Margaret, a widow, who also lost her daughter and is now raising five grandchildren on her retirement income.
These are real stories from people who live near you, here in Abilene. They are our brothers and sisters and children. Your financial gifts and donations of material goods make a difference in how people manage in this economy. Thank you for helping CSC share the love of Christ by providing basic needs and a fresh start.
As you consider giving to the Christian Service Center, we hope you will imagine the faces of the people in our stories. We hope you might recognize the people we serve are your neighbors too.
Your Gift Matters!
- $50.00 will buy 1 set of back-to-school clothes and a pair of tennis shoes
- $50.00 will provide groceries for two families for one week.
- $100.00 will buy more than 25 Large Print New Testaments
- $150.00 will buy 10 electric heaters for winter weather
- $300.00 will purchase 100 one-day bus passes
- $240.00 will purchase gas vouchers for 20 people
- $350.00 will provide 35 new blankets
- $400.00 will provide 5 people with a week’s rent in a half–way house
- $450.00 will allow us to assist 6 people with utility payments